Friday, March 9, 2012

A Day of Labor

I train my body hard. And those contractions were literally off the chart, skimming the top of it until they were done. I wasn't about to give up, although it had been 9 hours of non-stop contractions starting at 5 minutes apart. My body got that signal and it was like GO! My eyes were rolling back, I was telling my husband to COUNT and it was like nothing I had ever experienced before. Ah womanhood.

My husband, Ash, kept telling me afterwards that men would never deal with that. That he would have said "Epidural NOW" immediately. I really wanted to do it naturally. But after 9 hours, the baby and I were tired from the abnormally high contractions and the doctor wanted me to get an epidural. I had a plastered smile on my face the whole time after.

Then the baby was having a hard time breathing from the contractions, I wasn't dilating enough and we had to get ready for a Caesarian. So that's more or less how it went down. I felt them rummaging in my insides during the c-section and probably to make myself more comfortable I talked all the surgeon's ears off. I'm really not a big talker, but I even told them about my iphone pregnancy app. Drugs are funny like that ;)

So here she is. She's the best EVER! This was 3 months ago.


No comments: